Monday, November 21, 2011

The Call!

It was May 1979, Kris and I had been dating for about 3 weeks. We had some great dates but there was a couple of times when are dates ran a little late! Well it was one of those long date nights we had gone out, had great fun bowling (we loved to bowl). it was not to late when we returned to my house, so we decided to watch a movie, seems okay but we were 18 and 19 years old! Yes we were young, but when you find that right person age does not matter. Any way back to the story, We had been watching the movie and cuddling on the couch, and sometime during the movie ( must have not been a very exciting movie) because sleep over came both of us. My parents thought that Kris had gone home earlier so what a surprise to them when the phone rang at 2:30 am. You know that when that phone rings at that time of the morning the worst things run through your mind! And my parents are no different but to there surprise it was a sweet voice on the other end wondering if her son was still there. My mom explained that she thought Kris had left earlier that evening but told Mom Bateman that she would check. Much to her surprise she found Kris and I sound asleep! She flipped on all the lights which immediately woke us both! Mom explained that Mom Bateman had called and was extremely worried about where Kris was. So as fast as we could we said our good nights( which took at least 10 minutes ha ha) It was a good night! So the next day we are at The Bateman's and we were called into the living room there sat Lynn and Diane Kris'Parents all the sudden Kris whispers in my ear that we are going to have the talk!! Now everyone in the Bateman family gets the talk. Needless to say I was half way to the door before Kris grabbed my hand and in the living room we went(so scary). After that little incident we had a curfew!! Which we broke a couple of times, but we called to let the parents know. This is just part of our courtship it was so fun .
I know that most of you had experienced something close to this, I founded it amusing that later in life I had the same experience with my own children. Somethings never change!

Always an Eagle
Dignity,Strength,Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment