Monday, November 28, 2011

The Engagement

Our engagement was one of the sweetest days ever! it was not a big lavish engagement it was simple and great. It was May 1979 early in the month we were at my house Kris had come over after work we had dinner and then we were just hanging out, when suddenly Kris jumps up runs upstairs(I thought he had to go to the bathroom) he was gone for about a half hour before he came back. When he came back I was like are you okay? I noticed he had a different look on his face, he knelt down on one knee and asked me to marry him!! Of course I said yes! He had gone upstairs to ask my Mom and Dad if he could marry me. It was a huge surprise and we were very happy!! We decided to wait until the next day before we told The Bateman's.

That was a great day but what we had forgotten was that the Friday before Mother's day we both had dates and they are the kind you can't back out on!! let me explain it was April and during the time we kinda liked each other, and dating other people. Well first I should explain that I was still in HIgh School!! Anyway, it was Prom time and of course I figured I might as well except a date from someone else. Little did I know that Kris had accepted a invitation from a girl to go to Prom also. So here we are engaged and going to Prom with other people. I should explain that Kris was not in High School, his date was in High school. Okay so as Prom approached Kris and I were having mixed emotions whether or not we should go!! So anyway we decided it would not be very nice to ruin others Prom so we went with other people! oh that was not the end!! We had figured that the Prom was so big that we probably would not even see each other, but to are surprise we got there at the exact same time! the problem was was that we had not told our dates that we were engaged! I know it was probably not the right thing but we were really trying to make our dates have a good night. Sadly when we saw each other it made the rest of the night miserable for both of us!!! Should have gone with the gut and canceled the date. The next day Kris and I went and picked out my ring and never to date another person!! Oh happy day.

1 comment:

  1. Okay so in my excitement to post I forgot to end with

    Always an Eagle
    Strength,Dignity and Grace

    ReplyDelete